Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Posted by Hannah at 5:17 PM
Friday, March 8, 2013
Posted by Caroline at 11:16 AM
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Uh so it seems I now have ten thousand views on here, and I didn't even notice. Well, erm, thanks guys...? Whoever/where ever you are....
Posted by Hannah at 6:55 PM
Monday, June 6, 2011
Posted by Hannah at 3:45 PM
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Denial is a curious coping method. It does more harm than help, yet somehow it's too satisfactory to leave behind. Why do we deny? With some healthy Google searching and random forums, I've come up with the following sequitur:
- "Denying is the first step to accept unpleasant facts, and it varies, some take seconds and other take years."
- "It's to painful for some to deal with; causes depression in some."
- "Cuz it suks."
- "I believe that sometimes reality just hurts people and if you deny it then you don't have to deal with it. People like to blame others and not get real with themselves, it is their coping mechanism! Very tragic but true!"
- "They would rather live a lie."
- "Sometimes people are too stubborn to accept reality because they know the reality of what really is will either be something they don't like or will hurt them terribly. No one likes feeling uncomfortable or being hurt, so we deny reality as a type of defense mechanism. "
You can sure as purple drink deny an event, but I've realized you can't deny denial. So why not face it here for the entire internet community to see? That's the spirit.
Posted by Hannah at 3:58 PM