Uh so it seems I now have ten thousand views on here, and I didn't even notice. Well, erm, thanks guys...? Whoever/where ever you are....
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Monday, June 6, 2011
Posted by Hannah at 3:45 PM
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Denial is a curious coping method. It does more harm than help, yet somehow it's too satisfactory to leave behind. Why do we deny? With some healthy Google searching and random forums, I've come up with the following sequitur:
- "Denying is the first step to accept unpleasant facts, and it varies, some take seconds and other take years."
- "It's to painful for some to deal with; causes depression in some."
- "Cuz it suks."
- "I believe that sometimes reality just hurts people and if you deny it then you don't have to deal with it. People like to blame others and not get real with themselves, it is their coping mechanism! Very tragic but true!"
- "They would rather live a lie."
- "Sometimes people are too stubborn to accept reality because they know the reality of what really is will either be something they don't like or will hurt them terribly. No one likes feeling uncomfortable or being hurt, so we deny reality as a type of defense mechanism. "
You can sure as purple drink deny an event, but I've realized you can't deny denial. So why not face it here for the entire internet community to see? That's the spirit.
Posted by Hannah at 3:58 PM
Friday, February 18, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Posted by Hannah at 1:11 PM
....So I posted them. I've actually written quite a few things on here, yet haven't had the nerve to publish them/have been too lazy to finish my thoughts/forgot about them.
If you can find them (some are from quite a while ago, and since Blogger organizes them by date---which I like---they're scattered across the last 8 posts or so.) you can have a gold star.
Posted by Hannah at 12:59 PM
Thursday, January 27, 2011
To update my readers (*cough* Guys? ....Hello? Anybody here?):
- I'm growing out my bangs.
- I decided that I love school because I have the coolest friends in the world.
- I'm still single.
Inexcusably, horrifyingly single. Heck, it seems like we all are! What's with this world?
Because I'm feeling strangely analytical today, and perhaps I need some stability in my life, I'd like to take some time to offer a few equations:
T α 1/D
T= Time left in junior year
T α Rf
T= Amount of MicroFoaming Toothpaste used
Rf= Rabies Factor: How much you look like you have rabies
M α H
(This one's only for a select few. H ≠ Hannah, or Hollberg. Never fear.)
Oh the irony (this one goes out to Françoise) that I'm making mathematical equations here. Seeing as in math today... Yeah. My hands are still shaking.
I may still be single, but at least I have guy friends. Phew! And I'm lucky enough to get to go to Junior Prom with the coolest one on Saturday -- thanks, Evan! I'm super excited.
Posted by Hannah at 10:13 PM
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Honestly, I'm not exactly sure of the true definition of a "tool," but it's been used lavishly around me recently and my mind is pretty hooked on it. Best to get it out.
I have this brain-mouth thing that doesn't always work. Honestly, it hardly works. I have doubts. You just have to realize that sometimes I'm going to say something that I don't mean, or makes me look like a fool, etc. I don't try to, I swear. It just happens. I am so, so very sorry.
On a similar note, after I get my wisdom teeth out here in a few weeks, I'm going to lock myself in my room for the following 3 days. Having seen the after effects on someone else, I don't wish to burden society like that. I'm sure that I'll be even more high and crazy and destructive. This is what I'm going to print out and put on my door:
Posted by Hannah at 4:16 PM
Sunday, January 2, 2011
If you're bored, and possibly procrastinating (hey, I guessed right!) you may want to try this. Go to Google and type in your name + needs.
Example: "Hannah needs "
Well Google, what do I need? Here are my top 15 favorites, not in any particular order.
- Hannah needs to freely explore her world.
- Hannah needs a farm visit.
- Hannah needs a Foster home.
- Hannah needs a good break.
- Hannah needs Roomies! (Actual inflection)
- Hannah needs a photo of a Marine Corps dress, blue buttons. (Oddly specific)
- Hannah needs food, walks, and a steady supply of tail-scratches.
- Hannah needs a hug.
- Hannah needs some alone time.
- Hannah needs $3 million.
- Hannah needs your money.
- Hannah needs some sensitivity training.
- Hannah needs to die off or something.
- Hannah needs to tan.
- Hannah needs to be loved.
Isn't that pathetically revealing? I thought so. Apparently I need to open up to the world (perhaps through a farm visit), be more sensitive. Then and then I can be tan, loved, and rich! If that doesn't work, I just need to die off or something.
Through this experience I have not only learned that a surprising number of Hannahs are Jewish, but that if people actually took Google's advice, we would be a very bewildered, uncertain people with few/no philosophical values.
Posted by Hannah at 2:45 PM